The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme
Are you feeling worried or unprepared? Maybe you’re taking negative stories to heart? Are you afraid of the much talked about ‘pain’ or intervention? Here is what is covered in the course – that is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives – to enable you to have The Right Birth On The Day.
Class one: Confident
You and your birth partner will lay a great foundation on which to grow in confidence.
- Bust any negative beliefs you may have.
- Get comfortable with ‘hypnosis’ (relaxation/guided meditation)
- Familiarise yourself with the physiology of birth let go of worrying how your body can do this, it’s fascinating and makes perfect sense!
- Understand how the mind transmits pain so that you can manage / control it.
- Take charge of your thoughts allowing you to quieten worrying thoughts and enjoy your pregnancy and feel positive about giving birth.
Class two: Calm
On the path to becoming an expert in relaxation to feel calm and in control during the rest of your pregnancy, during birth and beyond.
- Discover how to use your breath during labour and allow your body and your hormones to work for you and not against you.
- Learn how to distract your mind away from your body so you can distance yourself from any pain or discomfort.
- Set up useful anchors for relaxation these can be used anytime, not just in pregnancy, to boost your feel good hormones.
- Feel confident that your Birth Partner is learning these techniques with you so they can really help and support you on the day..
Class three: Consider
It’s your birth so consider what is important to you so you can plan for the birth you want.
- Where do you want to give birth?
- What do you want your birthing environment to be like?
- Who do you want to be with you?
- How to encourage labour when your due date arrives?
Experience a powerful FEAR RELEASE session so you can look forward to your babies birth.
Class four: Celebrate
Bringing all you have learnt together so you feel prepared for birth.
- Focus on Birth Partner so they fully understand how to support you on the day.
- Soothing Strokes a simple form of light touch massage to stimulate your body’s natural pain relief.
- Use your B.R.A.I.N.S providing you with a structured way to ask questions if required.
- Birthing positions explored to support an easier, more comfortable birth.
- Learn Birth Humming to help avoid unnecessary forced pushing.
Focussing on The Right Birth On The Day allows you to create a positive mindset leading up to the day your baby is born.
Extra sessions are available for breech turns, breech births, avoiding induction or preparing for it.
Jo came recommended by a family member and I am so happy that we had her with us!
Jo explained everything and really put me at ease with everything to do about birth. The last few months of my pregnancy were really helped with the techniques she taught us as well as the birth as I felt prepared for what was coming.
If you really want a great experience and someone who makes you feel whole heartily comfortable during the sessions then I 100% recommend Jo. If and when we have a second I would gladly do it all over again.
Ready to start The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme?